Welcome to RecPlanet. Visit contest page for over $2500 in prizes. Or you can win a prize simply by voting (membership not required to vote). Search our database for info on thousands of parks. Blog for royalties, use "Contact Us" link for more information.
Glenns Valley Nature Park
Welcome to the beautiful Glenns Valley Nature Park located in Indianapolis, Indiana. For many years this land was the estate of a man named James Himler, who shared a love for nature. On April 3, 1992 Himler generously donated this land to the City of Indianapolis and over the past two decades several improvements have been made. Today this land offers nature trails, a sledding hill for the winter, a picnic shelter, a playground and helps protect the habitat of many plants native to the State of Indiana. Come out and explore!
To contact the park office please call 317-327-7191.
When visiting any park owned by the City of Indianapolis please respect the rules.
1. Unless otherwise posted all parks close at sunset and open at sunrise.
2. All animals must be leashed and waste removed.
3. All burning is restricted to picnic grills.
4. All Vehicles must stay in designated areas and obey all State of Indiana traffic laws.
5. Possession and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages requires special permit.
6. All cyclists must stay in designated areas.
7. All sales and soliciations require special permit.
Please respect these rules and all local, State of Indiana, and United States statutes.